Friday 29 April 2022

The mind is a terrible thing to taste ...

Well it is now May 2022. Where does the time go?

I know I don't post here often, but I should post more. A lot has happened since the tale end of last year.
I have been diagnosed with several serious issues and will no longer be able to work. The good news is that I was accepted by the NDIS and by the disability pension here fairly quickly, so needing to find work is no longer an issue. A great weight lifted for sure ~

I have been blessed with wonderful care workers who have been so very good to me. I am also involved in hydrotherapy which very much helps with pain issues, and with music therapy which has really helped my overall morale and well-being. Very soon I will have the opportunity to participate in our community radio station here through Team Music Care - looking very much forward to that!

This last week has been spent attempting to get over a virus (not COVID-19) which has devolved into pneumonia, and so sadly, I have had to miss the disability event I had worked towards for the last 2 months. Have been so breathless I would not be able to make the journey down there - I am so proud of all the TMC people that are there and wish them all well in their singing and playing :)

Hopefully this next week will see me better and I can go back to my routine - very much looking forward to all going back to normal. Lots of hot soup, hot coffee, pain meds, huge antibiotics and steroids - fun times LoL

I will try to post an update soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...