Tuesday 9 June 2020

Australian Citizenship and Covid19

The mind is a terrible thing to taste ...

Well, my Australian journey is culminating in citizenship. I was invited to take my test back in March, which I passed %100 -- So HAPPY! :)

Well, then a couple of weeks later or thereabouts, Covid19 hit. Australia effectively shut down. The authorities here have done an absolutely marvelous job of containing the virus, but it meant that things like citizenship ceremonies are on hold since most government offices are still closed with the exception of social services.

On a good note, the 12 month cut-off to attend a ceremony has been waived so I wait for them to start up again. Hopefully that will be soon as things are now beginning to open back up after a couple of months - within this next month we should be getting back to normal - at least I am hoping so.

We have continued to work thru this pandemic as parcel couriers are now considered to be essential workers since most people have to stay at home and self -isolate. We have actually been crazy-busy as people are ordering tons of things online while they are at home. As  businesses begin to re-open, we have slowed a bit, but still going pretty strong.

I am thankful, we have been very fortunate, and my prayers are with those who lost their jobs an business because of this.

Peace ¬¬¬¬ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...